Monday, February 26, 2018

Reverenced

by Merrilyn (Merri) McElderry

​I wandered out in fields on starlit night,
Clutching fear in tightly rounded fist
Thinking I’d find peacefulness in flight,
And give up fruitless efforts to persist.

Crossing stubbled field, by need possessed,
With outlined sentinels etched across the sky,
I slowed my pace, scooped stillness to my breast,
And stood there soul-filled, uttering no cry.

My heart voiced wordlessly a prayerful song,
While facing still the row of blackened trees,
“Oh! thank you for the place where I belong!”
I knew God’s grace, and dropped to bended knees.

Then looking up, I felt His answer bloom:
There is no holding back Truth’s light above.
As radiance broke through the curtained gloom
I silently released it all to Love.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, Merri--your love for God shines forth through your words. May we all seek His Truth through Love.

    ReplyDelete

We invite your comments on our blog entries.