Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Martha, Martha

By Ken G. Cooper


I’ll just do this before I sit down.
It won’t take long.  Oh please do not frown!
It needs to be done; it’s plain to see.
Mary won’t do it. Has to be me!

I’ll just get some drinks: it’s been so hot!
You’ll all be grateful, likely as not.
The cups need fetching; it’s plain to see.
Mary won’t do it. Has to be me!

I’m nearly through; the food’s being cooked
Seating arranged, effectively booked.
-Just get some cushions: it’s plain to see.
Mary won’t do it. Has to be me!

There’s other things should really be done;
“Jesus, it’s simply not fair nor fun.”
“Martha, my friend, the choice is with thee!
Mary has chosen eternity."

Luke 10:38-40
S&H 11:22-32

https://twitter.com/kengcooper     

Download a PDF of this poem

©Ken G Cooper 2020                         
kencooperpoetry.com                     
kengcooper@btinternet.com                                                       
Ken G Cooper Poetry You Tube

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite your comments on our blog entries.