Monday, October 30, 2017

The Mantle of Elijah

By Ken Cooper



The mantle of Elijah
It fell down to the ground
I wrapped it round my shoulders,
And prophecy I found.

I saw that God was present,
And with me everywhere,
A spiritual discernment
That Love is always here.

I looked away from matter
Saw this truth of being:
All prophecy is NOW, -
‘Tis what God is seeing!

Material sense it faded,
The spiritual won through:
God became my only thought,
And Love my only view!

I kept it wrapped around me,
Understood this Truth:
God is pure perfection,
I AM the living proof!

©Ken Cooper 2013/17

ELIAS. Prophecy; spiritual evidence opposed to material sense; Christian Science, with which can be discerned the spiritual fact of whatever the material senses behold; the basis of immortality.
"Elias truly shall first come and restore all things." (Matthew xvii. 11.)

Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures p 585

PROPHET. A spiritual seer; disappearance of material sense before the conscious facts of spiritual Truth
Science & Health with Key to the Scriptures p 593

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite your comments on our blog entries.