Monday, August 26, 2019

A Prayer For The Week _August 26 - September 1, 2019)

By Prayerful Living

(Words in italic are from "Feed My Sheep" by Mary Baker Eddy}


Shepherd, show me how to go
    Christ Jesus, you are my way-shower.
    Lead me on the right path.
O'er the hillside steep,
    You help lift me over life’s challenges.
     My frightened sense gives way to your Christ-power.
How to gather, how to sow,--
    You show me how to harvest the good from seeds of truth planted.
     As a child of God, I share the Mind of Christ.
How to feed Thy sheep;
      I am sustained by the Comforter, God’s unspeakable gift.
      Through Christ, I and all around me are fed by God’s spiritual ideas.
I will listen for Thy voice,
      I listen for the Christ truth, God’s spiritual ideal,
      awakening my consciousness from mortal delusion.
Lest my footsteps stray;
       Through Christ’s guiding truth, I have dominion over evil.
       Thank you for keeping me free from the temptations of error.                             
I will follow and rejoice
      As your disciple, I drop my nets of mortal selfhood and joyfully follow you.
      I feel the blessing of the Christ presence and know all good is the only reality.
All the rugged way.
      No matter the situation, the divine saving influence of the Christ is ever at hand.
      As in Jesus’ time and before, the Christ is the same today and forever.
And so it is, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite your comments on our blog entries.