Monday, January 20, 2020

Love: A Parent's Revelation

By Ken G. Cooper


I’ve heard a lot about this person Jesus.
Peter’s bringing him home tonight, - he’s talked about no one else ever since he met him.
I’ll never understand Peter. He’s so impetuous!
Jesus said “Follow me” – or something to that effect, - and Peter did exactly that!
Never said “Goodbye”.
Nothing Peter does surprises me….but he’s got a heart of gold and I love him.

I’ll see them both tonight.
I wonder what he’s like, this Jesus.
Peter thinks he’s really special, - but he only comes from Nazareth.
Apparently he was a carpenter, - so what can he teach a fisherman??
There have been crowds following his new friend, -
He’s been healing people of all kinds of diseases, - Peter can hardly believe what he’s seeing.
Keeps talking about him, about praying to “Our Father!”,  “Doing unto others what you’d have them do to you”
I hope he’s not being tricked by all this talk and seeming miracles. I’m not going to be.

My daughter has planned a special meal for Peter and his friends, - we won’t let Peter down.
She’ll need my help. But I don’t feel well…….need to lie down…
Can hardly move…
Must get to bed….
Don’t want to be a nuisance…

“Hello Peter….I’m so sorry
…… to be like this….
Hello Jesus…”

I look at his friend. He looks at me.
In one brief instant I forget myself, my doubts, my concerns for Peter.
How can I describe the Love that radiates from this man?
The complete knowledge of infinite power,
Infinite tenderness,
Expressed in his very being,
The effortless outreach of his hand to mine,
Lifting me up.

I am healed!
And I can’t now remember that anything was ever wrong! I just go and help, and with such joy!

***
During the next few days I see other people healed, completely, all instantaneously.
Jesus is saying to the crowds, to each one of us, here’s how to pray:
“Our Father which art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy name…” **
I feel the ever-present warmth and vibrancy of God’s love whenever I am near him.
I can feel the everlasting kindness of God right now.
I behold for the first time God’s true family. His Love embraces and includes us all. And it is my family too.

And suddenly realise that I love Peter, I love everyone, more than I ever did before.

(see *Mark 1:30-34; 3:31-35, and **Matthew 6:9 )

Download a PDF of this poem

©Ken G Cooper 2018                         
kencooperpoetry.com                     
kengcooper@btinternet.com                                                       
Ken G Cooper Poetry You Tube

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite your comments on our blog entries.