Sunday, March 10, 2019

God's Treasure

By Ken G. Cooper

[Luke 19:1-10]

I AM VERY RICH
My name is Zacchæus. I’m small
When I’m with others they’re all tall.
But I’m chief publican so there!
I’ve made my way with lies and flare!
Making money my simple itch,
It surely works. I’m very rich.
False figures are my easy deal: 
I don’t care if people squeal. 
It’s left a lot in penury
So I can live in luxury.

ZACCHAEUS YOU ARE LOVED!
I am well loaded, at the top,
I wonder if my ways will stop.
There’s this man Jesus, makes me squirm,
I may from him have lots to learn.
He’s getting better known than me,
I feel resentment! How dare he!
I need to know what makes him tick
And may well learn some useful trick.
I see ahead a sycamore tree
Where safely hidden I will see.

“And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, 
and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchæus, make haste, 
and come down; for to-day I must abide at thy house.”

I AM GOD'S TREASURE!
My life thus changed immediately
Because he knew the God-made me.
Christ Jesus made me see as true
The altogether spiritual view.
Half my riches go to the poor:
I find in God my treasure store.
My ill-got wealth four-times return,
It is God’s blessing I will earn.
I am God’s treasure! Love does fill
A life now changed to do God’s will.

“This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.  
For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.” 


Download a PDF of this poem

©Ken G Cooper 2019                         
kencooperpoetry.com                     
kengcooper@btinternet.com                                                       
Ken G Cooper Poetry You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite your comments on our blog entries.