Sunday, March 17, 2019

Here am I

By Ken G. Cooper

See what God sees. There's nothing else.

There is a lad here, which hath five barley loaves, and two small fishes: but what are they among so
 many?" John 6:9 (see also Matthew 14:17, Mark 6:38, Luke 9:13)

I have followed this man for most of the day.
He came past my village as the sun's warmth was burning through the early mist.
I had just collected some food for our family, five loaves and two fishes. He smiled at me. I joined the growing crowd.

He has stopped again. He is speaking. 
I can hardly see him for the numbers that have gathered and keep growing.

Everyone is listening. 
It is as if he is talking to each of us directly. To everyone, heart to heart.
I can hear everything he is saying.
There is a feeling of love all around.

I think he must be the Messiah.

The sun has now sunk low; there is a coolness in the air.
Someone next to me is hungry, sees the food I am carrying.
"No, it's not for sale".
Somebody else speaks to me: 
"Please come to the Master".

What can he want with me?
All I have is five loaves and two fishes.
"You can have them".

********

Hey, Dad, that was some crowd! There must have been thousands! Someone asked me to meet with Jesus himself and led me to him. He looked at me with such love and asked if I would let him have my basket of food. Oh Mum, I just felt that love so much and somehow knew I wouldn’t lose anything. So I offered it all to him. Everyone had to sit down. Jesus waited for them to be quiet. He then blessed the food, giving thanks to God, and then shared it amongst all the people! I sat at the front, eating, watching in disbelief. When all had eaten, each of his disciples collected a basket of fragments! Dad, he came over to me, took my hands in his, chatted with me. I remember so clearly what he said. That I could never lack, for God is everywhere and sees everything that truly is! That there can be no limitations, only the abundance of good; to believe what I had just seen and to make my life as bountiful as the loaves and fishes!

Mum, Dad, look! He gave them all back to me after everyone was fed! Here are those loaves and fishes!

Here am I.*

“And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.”  Luke 15:31
* see I Sam. 3: 1-19

Download a PDF of this poem

©Ken G Cooper 2019                         
kencooperpoetry.com                     
kengcooper@btinternet.com                                                       
Ken G Cooper Poetry You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment

We invite your comments on our blog entries.